Tuesday, March 22, 2011

TUESDAY TUESDIES....

Yeah, that title doesn't really work but I wanted to do my normal Sunday Sundries post but didn't get a chance to on Sunday. Or just didn't do it. Either one, you pick :)

I feel like an animal coming out of hibernation. Only it's our business coming out of hibernation and I wasn't lucky enough to sleep through it. I am hoping the business will pick up soon because the stress is getting really old. I have been soliciting for new business but that's something I have always hated to do. "Please sir, will you give me some work? I promise I am good! Pinky swear!" UGH. It just reminds me of begging and automatically puts the solicitor in the weaker bargaining position. I haven't had to solicit in a long time so I am probably just spoiled but the recession has hit our business hard so I have to do what I have to do. I am only documenting this because I want to look back on it, years from now, and think "Remember when we were super slow? Those were the days!"

To recap the week:


  • Henry had his 15 month visit. He was upper 97% for head size, weight and height. The doctor looked at me and said "You know they are going to try to recruit him for football, right?" To which I replied, "We are super nerds, there is no athletic ability in this family. He is going to be a giant scientist." I was very nervous about this visit because the 12 month check up involved the phrases "developmental delays" and "can not rule out autism." I don't remember much after that. All I remember is that it was two weeks before Christmas and I went ballistic. A meeting with Early Intervention and a neurologist put my mind to rest, however. The neurologist actually said "Why are you even here?" This visit was just perfect. The NEW pediatrician marveled at how well such a large baby with HUGE thighs could walk and even went as far as to say "This child is not autistic."  Music to my ears. Not every mother hears that.
  • Henry has taken to following Ada everywhere. He stands at the kitchen door and barks at her. He drinks out of her water bowl (before I catch him!) like a dog would drink. When she is in her crate, he will always be in there with her. She is always so very gentle and patient with him. 








  • George is taking a lot of after school activities including Math Allstars, Coordination Games and Maymont Explorers. This week he even starts play practice for "Oh Rats! The Musical." His teacher, Ms. Glover, had to pick the most charismatic students in her class and he was one of two. Am I bragging? Yes. Duh. Mark volunteered at George's first play practice which involved pressing play on the CD player and herding cats children. 
  • We celebrated Greg Roeder's birthday this weekend! Great food, GREAT friends, lewd cards and ice cream cake. The girls even let the guys win at "Trivial Pursuit." It was a great time!
That's all I can think of at the moment but I am sure I missed something! Now it's time for some pictures!














These are some pictures from our weekly park excursion with that Emmett baby and his mommy :) Always the highlight of my week!







The cap was on!


Barking at the dog.

Have a great week everyone!


1 comment: