Friday, January 6, 2012

Disneyworld 2011



The Anniversary/Birthday/Trip to Disney World was a success! Everyone had an amazing time and I can't stop talking about how awesome the Animal Kingdom Lodge it. If you ever go, you need to stay there and request a room on the Savannah because you can't beat these views.






I think I was more enthralled with the animals outside than the other members of the family. On the second day (the second day), I run outside to see the three giraffes 50 feet away from our balcony. I yell into the room, "you guys have to come and see this!" The boys look outside, shrug their shoulders and go back to whatever it is that they are doing. "Really? Really? You are here for a day and a half and already you are bored with giraffes outside your window? REALLY?" I enjoyed it immensely. The entire hotel is a wonder. Two pools, a kiddie pools, two hot tubs, three restaurants and a movie on the Savannah every night. Get this, we watched "The Lion King" at the "Animal Kingdom Lodge" on the Savannah. Get it? Awesome.

Disney really does attend to every single freaking detail. There were mouse ears on the shower curtains, on the carpet, on the bed spreads...EVERYWHERE. Even in the roses Mark gave me for our anniversary.


It's the attention to detail that really gets you. It's everywhere. It's what makes Disney World such a paradise. There are no false facades, which makes it even more magical to me.

Epcot is our favorite park but I have to admit I would have liked to spend more time at the Magic Kingdom. Epcot is more for the adults. George and Henry had a fantastic time at Epcot but their eyes really lit up when we went to the Magic Kingdom. So I will start there.




The first order of business was to get Mickey ears for the entire family. We went to the Magic Kingdom on Halloween and if you ever have a chance to do that you should take advantage of it. It is incredible.


Mark was obviously the Mad Hatter.


I was a more lady like version with a much pinchier hat.


Dumbo for Henry. The hat didn't have a string so this was the longest he would keep the hat on. Oh well.


George picked Gingerbread Mickey Ears. 


We spent two days in Epcot running around riding the rides and eating the awesome food.



My mother found these passports that the kids can take to all the countries and get it stamped. Each country had someone there to write a phrase and give a stamp. It was incredibly addicting to the point where the adults took over after the children were tired.



This is Sweden In Epcot. I took this picture to remind me of Alexsander Skarsgard. Yeah, I did that.




Moroccan Coffee. So small yet so powerful.








We spent one single day in The Magic Kingdom which was kind of a mistake because there were things we definitely did not get to do. But that's just an excuse to go back when they open Bell's Castle :)


I absolutely love this picture of the boys. The cleaning ladies loved us.


Yep, this is the best picture we could get in front of Disney World. 


Look who slept through their first ride on "It's a Small World."









George, at the end of the night, in his candy coma.


Mary Poppins! EEEE!!! The boys could care less.


Henry was fascinated by all the ladies.


Here's his kiss from Belle. Hey Girl!








George's, at six years, hand in a 6 year old male gorilla. 



The entire time we were there, George kept asking for room service. We finally relented and ordered a dinner one night. Uber expensive but worth it.



We spent one day at Universal since Mark gets free tickets from Comcast. I was super excited to see Harry Potter World. 








So, I have to say this. Being a Harry Potter freak, I was a little disappointed with Universal's take on Harry Potter's world. Don't ask me what I was expecting because I don't know. Maybe for one, I didn't expect it to be so small. Two, I kind of expected Hogwart's Express to actually run. Three, I expected Hogwart's castle to actually be a working castle that you could explore instead of it just being a ride. I don't think these things are unreasonable but for free and I can't complain....any more. 








They did get the butter bear right...boy did they ever.










And that does it, I want to thank my parents for giving us this incredible vacation. It truly was a wonderful experience. 

2 comments:

  1. P.S. Spider Man's muscles were real. Giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to LIKE a bunch of your pictures and then realized after each time I tried that I couldn't do that on here. :) The pictures are great, and I'm glad you all had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete