Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Laurel's 29th+ Birthday/Surprise Hillbilly Party

Honestly, there is no PC way of putting this so I am just going to call it what it is. A surprise white trash/redneck birthday party and it was awesome. Two years ago, Laurel and I were pregnant at the same time. We also, consequently, turned 30 while being pregnant so no big blow out bash with lots of merriment could be had. We aren't ones to get trashed on a regular basis but we do like to get tipsy and watch ridiculous 80's movies. Wild, I know.

I would also like to say that everyone deserves a surprise party once in their life. It's just so much fun to plan and it shows that person just how much you care about them. I don't know where I got the idea to mix the surprise with the red neck theme but it worked well. Very well. The amount of people I had planned on coming didn't quite work out but I think it was actually better that way. We did miss a certain "Camel" and I want her to know we thought about you! This "camel" was instrumental in certain aspects of the party and I wanted to say thank you for the help. Thank you Sarah! 

I am going to let the pictures tell the story. 


For the table, Greg (Laurel's husband) and I laid some newspaper down instead of a table cloth. Then we put an old pizza box on top of that as a makeshift place mat. Check out those nascar plates I got at Party City for $.50!! Awesome!


I have to say, the grocery trip to Walmart was literally the most embarrassing trip of my life. The cashier gave me this look of horror when he saw all the garbage I was buying. Twinkies, Ho-Hos, Oatmeal pies, spam, cheese whiz. cake, pigs feet, etc. There was nothing even remotely nutritious in that cart. It made my heart hurt. 


I found these old pictures of Laurel from her wedding/bachelorette party that I plastered on a magazine template. That received another look from the CVS clerk. 


This is my pastry sculpture. You like?


Instead of a cheese and crackers platter, I dumped various crackers and put some cheese whiz out. Trashy?


For decorations, I thought the trashier/cheaper the better. I found a template that you just had to add the names to various novelty legal notices like "Search warrant" and other legal notices. I then plastered them all over her front door. The centerpiece of the decorations was the laundry line in the back yard. The pieces of clothing became attractive to certain drunken men who tried them on. Awesome added benefit!


What was thought as a lot of jello shooters, initially turned out to be way too few!








I went to CVS and said "Where are your trashiest magazines?"


My husband's outfit. So awesome!








That's a pork rind dipped in cheese dip. Yum?







Oh this tile feels so gooooood.

Ok so, I took A LOT more pictures and the ones that aren't on here are the really really good ones. It's kind of a shame that I can't make one post private but I can't so I am not going to post them. It was an awesome night followed by some serious hangovers the next day. Happy Birthday, Laurel!

P.S. a big thank you to Greg for helping me with the deception AND the decorations!

2 comments:

  1. These are great!! :) Thank you for an awesome party! You will definitely have to email me the pictures that are too good to post on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO SO SO in love with this party theme. And the amazing pink and black cow print spandex goes so nicely with their garden decor. :) I'm so sad I couldn't be there, but next time I see you, I need to see those pictures!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete