Tuesday, August 9, 2011

George's 6th Birthday Party



Whenever I would have a birthday when I was younger, my Papa would say, "pretty soon you will be graduating from college!" I would giggle and think that he was being silly. In just a blink of an eye I now have my own children who are growing up way too quickly. Everyone ALWAYS says that. It's the only thing we can say. As parents, it's hard for us to grasp the amazing speed our children seem to grow and leave us. There is only a short period of time to teach them everything they need to learn, to instill values that will stick with them and to give them so much love that, hopefully, they will want to visit their old parents more than once a year. Ok, enough.

George turned 6 and we threw him an AWESOME birthday party. At first he wanted to have it a Chuck-E-Cheese which ignited my gag reflex. "Please dear sweet baby Jesus, don't have your party at Chuck-E-Cheese." Thoughts of drunken parents and screaming children ran through my head. No, please no...

We "steered" him in another direction :)

Pump-it-up is an inflatable bouncing place where children can literally run around and drain every single ounce of energy they have. Someone literally said to me while we were there, "why would you have it at this place? You pay all this money for only two hours! They shove you in and out." Ummm...I don't know...maybe because it's ONLY TWO HOURS?? I don't have to get my house "company clean" (don't pretend you don't know what I am talking about!), the children have an enormous amount of fun, etc. The selling point here, though, is that the adults can bounce too! That's right! I hate parties where the adults are just sitting around watching their children, looking completely bored. It's as if once we became adults, having fun is not an option. Nay, I say! Everyone had a flippin' awesome time! Totally worth the money and in the end we got to go home and relax.














Surprisingly enough, I could not get a good picture of the Birthday Boy when they were actually jumping. It was like he was just too busy for his mother :) The following are pictures of the cupcakes and their consequences.




Notice the lower, left cupcake. An unnamed Birthday boy got into the cupcakes at home :)


Don't you just love how Isaac is sitting there, hands folded, waiting patiently for his cupcake?












I would like to note here that I am so proud of our child. Naturally, when there are gifts to be opened, children will crowd around and want to help open them. This will happen every time. It is completely understandable that children get excited over these things. I usually like to stress to George that it's important to be understanding of his friends and their eagerness to open gifts. I have seen temper tantrums by other, unnamed children and am very proud that George took it all in stride. He allowed everyone to help open gifts and he thanked everyone. We have wonderful friends who are very kind and generous.


Pump-it-up wears the babies out!


The day after the party, we were all lounging around the house when Mark and I thought it was a little too quiet. Henry had found a way to get into the cupcakes. I still don't know how he did that. 
Cutest.Thing.Ever.






George's 6th Birthday was a success! I want to thank everyone who came and was a part of George's special day. We love you all!

1 comment: