Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hey Cancer, Why don't you just go F*CK yourself.

I want that on a t-shirt.

One of the nightmares of every mother is to leave her children behind and not be able to see them grow up. This topic is closer to me than I would like to admit. I am not ready to write about that right now just from the fear of karmic injustice but I do want my 5 readers to know about a blog that I ready daily. Or that I check in on daily.

http://toddlerplanet.wordpress.com/

Every day I go to this blog to check in and see if she has written something. Every day I hope for good news. She is so young. SO YOUNG. Her children are small. She is one of the best and the brightest. Contributing, when she can through all of the pain, to the acknowledgment of women's contributions at NASA. She has done more with her life than most of us. Her contributions are vast.

Is it hard to read? Yes. It's awful. Get over it. This woman deserves our love and respect. She deserves an ear and a shoulder to lean on. This is something all of us will want and need when things get rough. And they will get rough. Count on that.

My friends, we are not getting younger. My mother would say: "Oh, Jessica! That's so sad! Why do you read that?" I read it because the world isn't pretty. Being an adult super duper sucks sometimes. I long for the day when women don't have to put their babies down just so they can walk into a cancer clinic. That day hasn't come yet. This woman has to put her children down just so she can fight for her life. Please, go help her fight.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I just read her blog. I'm incredibly sad and incredibly impressed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete