Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Cryin' Mama


Henry has a huge obsession with super heroes. You could probably link that directly to the show "Super Why" on PBS which is all about super heroes and their adventures in reading.

Henry especially loves capes. It started with blankets being tied around his neck which would fall off almost immediately resulting in a screaming fit. Then, somehow, he found a black and yellow cape somewhere. I literally have no idea where it came from but he LOVES it. So much so, that I have to wash it at night since he would throw an absolute fit if he couldn't have it in the morning. You see, having that cape on is essential to his daily activities. It's the source of all his power. You know how I know this? He told me so this morning.

When I was at Target the other day cruising the clearance racks, I came across the above Superman tshirt. It comes complete with a velcro tiny cape on the back and I just knew I had to have it. It wasn't even on sale. I'll say that again...IT WASN'T EVEN ON SALE.

When Henry found it his eyes went huge and he asked me, "supah hewo mommy?" Yes, my love, super hero. He has since kept that tshirt on all day every day.

This morning, Henry was drinking a glass of water and started to scream. I mean screaming like "I have broken a bone" scream.

Me: "Henry, what's wrong love? Are you ok?"
Henry: "No, supah hewo, noooooo."
Me: "What? What's wrong with your shirt?"
Henry: "Supah Hewo wet Mommy!
Me: "Oh I am sorry honey, I am sure it will dry soon!"
Henry: "No supah powas when supah hewo is wet!!"
Me: "You mean, all of your super powers won't work if your shirt is wet?"
Henry: "YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS. NO SUPAH POWA!!!"

It was the sweetest, most heart breaking thing I have ever witnessed. All I could do was kiss those chubby cheeks and blow on his tshirt. That boy breaks my heart and I am so freaking lucky to have him as my son. I chose to blog about this event because I want to remember it forever. Motherhood rocks.

3 comments:

  1. haha! That is SO flippin cute! What a sweet little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! :) I always wonder how they come up with these things, but I'm so glad they do! :)

    ReplyDelete