Monday, March 14, 2011

Henry and the Leprechaun Trap

I have had a bad day to go with the bad weeks I have been having. I am not complaining so much as just commenting on the state of the union. It's getting old. Really old. As usual, when things get rough I tend to look at the good things that we have going on. Since I have started this blog, I have found myself organizing blog posts in my head. I have wanted to capture a couple of things Henry has been doing lately and I got some really good videos today so I just wanted to share the goodness :)


Henry likes to bark at the dog in the back yard so I sneaked into the kitchen and I captured this. Not exactly barking but they are definitely having a serious conversation. All was lost, though, when he spotted mommy :)



The second and third videos are of Henry's unique crab crawl. Since he has started to walk I wanted to catch this crawl before he stopped doing it. It's pretty hard to describe this crawl to people so I had to catch it on video. Every time a stranger sees it, they are pretty astounded at how quickly he moves.He has never crawled normally. Not a single second in his life.

Since the 17th is St. Patrick's Day, George's school has jam-packed the entire week with St. Patrick's day activities. Most importantly, is the "Leprechaun Trap" project. Yes, parents and students are supposed to design a "trap" to catch a Leprechaun. Apparently, according to the take-home sheet, Leprechaun's are attracted to gold coins, rainbows and lucky charms. LUCKY CHARMS. So Mark and I have been discussing with George what he thinks would make a good Leprechaun Trap. We had planned on going to the Children's Museum to use all their art supplies and built a super wicked trap. That did not happen for various reasons SO my husband came home with: Lucky Charms, Bread and green icing. Because: "It's like glue baby, you know? We will put the icing on the bread and stick the lucky charms in it and then the Leprechaun with get stuck in the glue. Get it?" Yeah, I get it. Wow. I think we might take another shot at it tomorrow but it made for some good pictures. I think my husband just wanted to buy green icing because they pretty much just ate it.


1 comment:

  1. That definitely sounds like a man idea for a trap. :) Too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete