Sunday, March 6, 2011


I stole this idea from another blog I read. Every Sunday I will run through the weeks events that don't warrant an entire post but are worthy enough to mention. Plus it's just me being a little lazy.


  • George missed one day of school again for a stomach bug on Tuesday. I thought it was the start of another round of stomach bugs for everyone but it did not spread thankfully. At 4:30 am George comes into our room and says: "Can I sleep with you guys?" Half awake, I say: "Sure. Ok." George: "I am going to take my shirt off because it's wet." Now I am awake and say: "why is it wet??" George: "Because I threw up 5 times in my bed and I don't want to sleep there anymore." 
                                                                  SIGH.
           
          That sounds reasonable right? Mark and I spring into action. We make a good team. One of us puts
          the subject child in the bath tub while the other cleans up the mess. We usually end up all sleeping on 
          couch so we can monitor said child for more vomiting and control it better. By 8am he was all better 
          better but still had to stay home. I designate a chair in the living as the "sick chair" and cover it in a 
          sheet so we can possibly control the spread of whatever disease has hit us that week. 
  • Also on Tuesday Mark hurt his back at work. He was under a crawl space and felt a little twinge in his back but kept working. As time went on, however, it got so bad that he couldn't move. So again he had to go to the hospital but this time around the supervisor on call was a really great guy and stayed with him the entire time and brought him home at 9:45 at night. He is slowly getting better but the emergency doctor sent him home with narcotics and said he could go back to work the next day. Really? Moron. I won't even get into the difference between men and women when they are sick/hurt.
  • George and Henry went to Oma and Grandad's so I could go to a bridal shower on Saturday. The bridal shower was a lot of fun and I won the purse game because I had a DVD, a ball up tissue, a piece of candy stuck to my purse and the bridal colors because I had a crapload of legos in my purse. It was a sweet sweet victory.
  • Ada has recovered nicely from her surgery to fix her "having babies" problem. I, apparently, don't have the same opinion of dogs as most people do because when I told someone I turned down extra pain medication because "it's a dog and it doesn't feel pain like we do" I was labeled a monster by some co-workers. Not really, but I am sure their opinion of me was lowered a little. Oh well, I stand by my statement. Ada slept when she got home and by the next day she was hopping around and playing again. Now she just smells like an outhouse because we couldn't wash her for a week. 
  • Saturday night we had a lovely date night with our friends Laurel and Greg. Laurel and I got inebriated on beer and margaritas and ate extremely hot food. The husbands dealt with our drunkenness very well and were only slightly annoyed :) We also went to see "Take Me Home Tonight" which was not that good but I didn't have high expectations AND I was drunk so I enjoyed myself. Immensely. 
  • Idea for later blog post: My father, at breakfast this morning, says during a story he is telling: "This watch has had more sea time than you have."
This week looks to be long and difficult. I have a meeting with a new client which I hope turns out well. We need to find a babysitter for Henry since it's starting to pick up. I am hoping the worst is over and the work dry spell is done with. It's been stressful. 

Have a great week to my 3 readers!!

1 comment:

  1. George is hilarious! :)
    I'm so glad Mark is slowly getting better! We're thinking good thoughts his way!

    ReplyDelete