Sunday, March 13, 2011

SUNDAY SUNDRIES

It's been a long and ridiculously stressful week. Here's the week round-up:


  • I believe the woman we bought Ada from is either bat @#$% insane or just really really dumb. To quote this woman word for word on her website: "Amazing as it sounds the longer coat shepherd sheds less then there short haired realitives and when they do they shed once or twice a year, the reason is because the long coats have no thick undercoat like the short coat shepherd. All that is required is monthly bathing and once a week brushing." Let's overlook the obvious grammar and spelling errors because, hey, she might not have spell check right? I vacuum and sweep on a daily basis and there is enough hair collected to build a whole new dog. It is a constant, never ending struggle that leaves me wondering if shaving the dog is even a possibility. And to bath this dog once a month? REALLY? I guess I would do that if I want my house to smell like a kennel. I asked Mark if we could use the vacuum on her but he said it "wasn't nice." He's such a softy.
  • I had jam packed my Thursday with a doctor's appointment and a business meeting on top of the work I had to do. Everything got pushed back, however, when it started to rain in the morning and the dog decided to roll around in the mud and then promptly come inside to shake all over clean clothing. This resulted in Ada being shoved placed gently in the bath tub for an hour and a half in order to get all of the mud off of her. She emerged from the bathroom refreshed and ready to play while I emerged covered in mud and ready to go back to bed. The rest of the day was just as super awesome.
  • George alerts us to EVERYTHING Henry does which is incredibly helpful. "MOM! Henry is playing in the toilet!!" "MOM! Henry is walking!!" "MOM! Henry is playing in the dog food!" He is my Henry Naughty Behavior Alert System. It's fantastic. He is such a wonderful big brother and really a all-around wonderful kid. 
  • We had parent-teacher conferences on Friday morning and when George heard this he started to cry. "I don't want to go to the parent-teacher conference, I just want to stay home with you and Daddy." After asking "why not" about fifteen times he finally came clean. "Because I have been calling out on the carpet a lot and I don't want to get in trouble." George NEVER tells us what goes on in school. NEVER EVER EVER. "How was school?" "Fine" "What did you learn" "Nothing" Sigh. 
  • We had a wonderful night at The Roeders on Saturday night. I had such a hard week that I had been looking forward to getting together and relaxing . I REALLY relaxed. Greg introduced me to rum and cokes which I had never liked before. I realize it's not a new drink and I also realize I should not have had 4 of them. We watched "Megamind" and I thought it was just hilarious. I watched again this morning and didn't find it all that funny. Weird. We have wonderful friends, though. We are very very lucky.
  • Mark's back is feeling better. He is continuing to recover and passed his mandatory drug test that they give every tech who gets hurt on the job. (That fact that he passed is no real surprise)
  • I am ready for work to pick back up and the money to become steady again. I am ready to be very very busy. I also need to be reminded that I said this when I get too busy and get stressed about that. 
  • And finally and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Henry started to walk on 3/10/2011 at 15 months and 1 day. It's the cutest thing ever. I got a video of it. That will follow later once I can figure out how to crop me out of the video since I totally do not want to post myself in Halloween pajamas on the internets. (yes I know I pluralized that, spell check, I did it on purpose)
I hope everyone has a wonderful, stress-free week!

2 comments: