Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pooky

Oma and Grandad took the kids for the night so Mark and I could celebrate Valentine's Day (or venereal disease day as I like to call it) early. It's just no fun to have to have date night on a school night and have a curfew so off to Oma and Grandad's it was. 

Mark and I went to Sticky Rice then came home and cuddled on the couch to watch a movie. It was glorious (to steal a phrase from a good fried). We don't need much. It does always surprise me how much just a single day and night without the kids does for our marriage. Totally necessary.

George, unfortunately, came home with a cough, runny nose and a fever. Fantastic. Fan-freaking-tastic. This comes on the heels of two stomach bugs and a flu. I am so tired of the sickness. George is so pitifully cute while sick and we pretty much let him do whatever he wants to do. He ALWAYS wants to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. I kind of look forward to it because it's the only time he does want to cuddle since he is already too cool for love unlike his brother. We have watched "Up" and are now on to "The Muppets: Great Movie
Caper" which is my favorite. 

I look over at George, who looks like this...




and say "What's wrong my pooky-kins?" He promptly rolls his eyes and says "When I am grown up you won't call me that." We will see my love, we will see. He looks so pitiful...that's what a 102 degree fever looks like people. 

Here is a picture of the boys laying on the bed together. You can tell George is sick because he is sleeping and he NEVER sleeps during the day. 


Notice the little one just giggling when he should be napping. He knows how to play for the camera. Just look at this...


Don't you love the bink ring?? 

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day so I hope G feels better since everyone is passing out Valentine's cards in class. He will hate to miss that. 

On a brighter note, Mark passed his level 5 tech test on Friday on his first try (one of eight people to do it but who's bragging?). Very very proud of him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment