Saturday, April 16, 2011

@#$%# Dog

Someone has been listening to mommy too much. SOMEONE has a potty mouth. You tell me who is who.

Let's get this story started.

The dog, Ada, has many other names. Before all the animal lovers get upset, there are two things you need to know.
            1) I have a HUGE potty mouth. I try to keep it under control around the children but that doesn't really work. I like to blame it on my sailor father. I feel like cussing is an art and I practice my art on a daily basis. Now, I do try to control it around the little ones but I DARE for ANY parent to tell me they haven't let one slip once in a while.

           2) Names for dogs. Sigh. I love my dog. She is wonderful around our kids, she is extremely disciplined (if she hasn't gotten out of the house and in that case she runs for it) and she is super lovey. STILL as with any other animal we have, we always have some weird names for our dogs. Our bulldog was named, Kaiser Sensei but mostly we called him dumb dumb or Sir stinks-a-lot. We called our cat, Pouncer, "Satan." So on and so on. These names come from love and nothing else.

So anyone who has been in Virginia that past few days knows that the weather has been pretty, well, rainy. Ada (a long-haired German Shepherd) goes outside to frolic in the rain. When prompted to come inside, she immediately shakes the wetness everywhere in our small house which is where I freak out. I then tell her to go "night night" (her crate) so I might be able to control the amount of damage she is about to do but it does not help. Due to the small size of our house, she runs to her crate hitting every white wall and upholstered surface on her way there. At this point I have gone nuclear to which I close the crate door on her and mutter under by breath "#$%# dog."

Apparently I have said this more than once in the past few days.

Today we asked George to put Ada in her crate. As he puts her in he mutters, "@#$@ dog." Mark and I look at each other but we both know where he got that from.

Do you laugh or get upset?

We laughed until we couldn't breathe anymore and then told him we would like him to try to find other words to describe his emotions. Mommy obviously has a problem doing this.  Do as I say and not as I do.

Parenting FAIL.

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOODNESSGRACIOUS!!!! I love you! You are hilarious! And I love that you didn't freak out. :)
    ps: like the blog changes! :)

    ReplyDelete